Whilst silence hums over the floods of 2017, Rotary Club of Battaramulla (RCB) approached A-PAD Sri Lanka in supporting the forgotten victims of floods/landslides that affected the island in May 2017. In supporting the affected communities, the education sector which needed more attention was sought after through this initiative, and henceforth 01 school in the Matara District and 4 schools in Bulathsinghala were chosen following several field visits. During this venture, RCB’s main aim was to provide water, sanitation and educational support. Thus, we reached out to:
- WP/HO Gallapahala Kanishta Vidyalaya – Bulathsinghala Division, Kalutara
2. WP/HR Veyangalla Muslim Maha Vidayalaya – Bulathsinghala Division, Kalutara
3. WP/HR Polegoda Vidayalaya – Bulathsinghala Division, Kalutara
4. WP/HR Mahagama Kanishta Vidyalaya, Bulathsinghala Division, Kalutara
5. Kalubovitiyana Maha Vidyalaya – Kalubovitayana, Matara
The schools were provided with Past paper books (Grades 05 – Scholarship exam, Grades 11 – O/L examination, Grades 13 – A/L examination), library books, and home-science kits, along with two schools receiving water tanks and fittings, and chairs and cupboards for the libraries. Mr. Warren Solomonz, the president of RCB, Mr. Channa Marambe and Mr. Rohan Amirthiah joined A-PAD SL team in distributing the items to the children.